CSP International: Innovation in Hosiery and Underwear
CSP International Fashion Group S.p.A. was founded in 1973 at Ceresara (Mantua), in the hosiery district, where two-thirds of Europe’s tights are produced. CSP International operates in the market of stockings, tights, corsetry, underwear, fashion and beachwear.
The Group has realized in 2017 sales of Euro 127.3 million, has 750 employees in Italy and in France and distributes its products in 40 countries throughout the world. 76.3% of its turnover is realized outside Italy and 28% in products different from hosiery.
Its brands are aimed at different consumer targets:
- Sanpellegrino: the historical brand, which offers functional products with the best quality/price ratio;
- Oroblù: the most international and cosmopolitan Italian brand, in the high-end women’s market;
- Le Bourget: the most prestigious French hosiery brand, inspired by Parisian chic and fashion trends;
- Lepel: the leading brand for corsetry in Italy, offering comfort and elegance at the best possible price;
- Liberti: specialized in beachwear and coordinated bath suits with a comfortable fit and different cup sizes;
- Well: the most innovative and e performing hosiery and lingerie brand, distributed in the French modern channel;
- Cagi: since 1925 the traditional brand of men’s underwear, wearing all ages of consumers;
- Perofil: prestigious brand in the high-end men’s underwear market;
- Luna di Seta: high-level female lingerie in fine yarns.
The following is a rundown of the most important events in the CSP International Group’s story:
- 1996 – Sanpellegrino advertising with Antonio Banderas and Valeria Mazza as testimonials;
- 1997 – quotation on the official list of the Italian Stock Exchange;
- 1999 – acquisition of 100% of Le Bourget, the third largest manufacturer of tights in France; start of diversification into seamless underwear;
- 2001 – acquisition of Lepel the first step in the diversification into corsetry
- 2004 – diversification into the beachwear market;
- 2006 – capital increase and beginning of the distribution activity with Puma, Sergio Tacchini and Miss Sixty collections;
- 2008 – acquisition of the brand Liberti in the market of high-target corsetry;
- 2009 – establishment of the commercial subsidiary Oroblù USA LLC for sales to the American market and online, with the site www.oroblu.com ;
- 2010 – acquisition of the group WELL (49.5 mln Euro turnover, 20% of market share hosiery in France);
- 2012 – acquisition of the Cagi brand;
- 2013 – start-up of the online sales of the parent company’s products with the site www.myboutique.it
- 2014 – launch of Oroblù online shopping with the site www.oroblu.it now www.oroblu.com
- 2015 – acquisition of the Oroblù Germany GmbH, distributor of Oroblù products on the German market;
- 2017 – acquisition of Perofil Fashion Srl, with the brands Perofil and Luna di Seta.
CSP International Group’s mission is to produce and distribute worldwide stockings, tights, hosiery, underwear, swimwear and clothing, with innovative design and materials, and the best quality. Research, technological and stylistic innovation are the basis of all its production.